Tuesday, May 13, 2008

ESV Study Bible Update


While I regularly read the NASB version of the Bible, I also read the ESV Bible. I enjoy the creativity of Crossway in their many different covers, Bible sizes and text formats. While the NASB follows a strictly literal translation, the ESV follows an "essentially literal" philosophy of translation while also putting importance on "clarity of expression and literary excellence" which allows the text to flow more naturally. This makes the ESV a good overall Bible for both study and devotional use - especially with children (8th Grade Reading Level). I also like the fact that the publisher is a not for profit organization. One day I may switch over completely.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the upcoming ESV Study Bible. Here is a preview of the Introduction to the Gospel of Luke. I am a sucker for good maps.

No comments: